Design Thinking is a method to create a new value – a product, a service or a solution.
It is also a thinking skill to master as part of your competence. Associated with New Product Development, Design Thinking joins human, business, science, aesthetics approaches, making the best of rational-analytical/ intuitive- tacit knowledge interplay.
WHY DESIGN THINKING with LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®?
Both techniques can be combined due to both are :
- Learning through experience
- Learning and creating is a simultaneous process
- Disrupting the existing status-quo.
- Using co-creation – collaborative ways.
- Making the best of multiple types of intellect
- Making use of inclusiveness and diversity benefits interplay
- Using 3D modelling for visualization.
- Unlocking intuitive using hand-on approach – connecting hand and brain.
- Looking for the answer in the system and seeking to uncover.
- Practicing individual creativity as essential basis
- Meeting uncertainty challenge
- Developing creative thinking skills
What LSP adds to Design Thinking
- always use 3D LEGO models – maximizing visual support. Models also bring in wider use of a metaphor – a whole-story multifaceted understanding with multiple fresh insights
- the ground rules – play etiquette – secures healthy and safe team dynamics, 100% inclusive teams, prevents personal agenda behaviors
- as a play brings in more fun, more positive emotions, more colors to working togethe
- as a play secures safe experimentation environment, reducing real-world prototyping cost
- the play rules secure rigorous methodology application and step-by-step, progressive skills acquirement